February 1, 2012

The Start of a New Month!

Today marks the first day of Black History Month! I hope its a prosperous month, no violence, no ignorance, and nothing that makes the African American race look bad. I pray that people stop falling victim to all the NEGATIVE stereotypes. Good for me, I've always been a good girl. However, some people are products of their environment. But I'm a country girl, turned suburban girl! Now that I live in North Carolina with my sister, I see that its my job to teach my nieces a little about African American History. I took the class in high school, and its also my minor. I just sort of love History in general. I want them to know all the amazing contributions African American made to the world. Not just the basics that everybody knows like Martin Luther King Jr. or Harriet Tubman. Although their contributions were great, its a WHOLE lot more, that not really talked about that much. I think everyday I'll post a little bio & history and a not-so-well-know African American that has done something great. It'll be a great challenge for me, since it seems that I constantly takes the hiatuses! L0l! But I'm up for the challenge *brave girl face & pose*

I'll get started on the first "official" entry right after I post this one! I'm already gonna give you guys 29 GUARANTEED posts! :) Don't I feel accomplished! L0l! It's all for y'all!

Peace & Love
-Tiffani!

No comments:

Post a Comment