February 3, 2012

Black History Month Blog Challenge: Day 3...

This Jamaican Guy.


And boy do I LOVE Jamaican food.

Curry Chicken. Jerk Chicken. Roti Bread. Coco Bread. Rice & Peas. Chicken Patties. Coconut Soda.... YUM! (I'm drooling on my laptop right now...OK, slight exaggeration, but you get the idea!)

Anyways getting back on topic, his name is Marcus Mosiah Garvey Jr.

Garvey was a member of the Black Nationalism and Pan-Africanism movements.He was apart of the Back-to-Africa movement that helped return people of African decent back to their native and ancestral lands. Garvey founded the UNIA, Universal Negro Improvement Association. He inspired other to want to know and get in touch with their African roots. He was even sentenced to 5 years in prison for some fraud stuff. Garvey received alot of backlash and negativity because some people thought that his actions were a little to extreme. I don't want to give you all a major history lesson, but you can read more about him here. I'll also put in a picture of the Marcus Garvey wax figure from the Great Black Wax Museum in Baltimore, Maryland that I went to during my Washington, DC vacation which you can read about here.


This is the wax version of Marcus Garvey from the museum in Baltimore. It looks a little creepy, I know. That whole museum was a little creepy, if you were there alone, you might pee your pants...I'm just sayin'!

I'm happy I'm getting this up before "tomorrow" we just came back from dinner at Applebee's and OMG! There were so many empty tables, but we waited like 20 minutes...why? No idea! They lost a ton of points for that, and they were slow, and the server we had was new, so...yeah, you know how that is. Besides that I did the 2 for $20 with my sister and we shared onion rings and I had the three-cheese chicken penne pasta and it was delish! I'm still stuffed, but hey! Pasta does that to ya! L0l!







No comments:

Post a Comment