April 29, 2013

Weekend Recap...

Hey guys, I believe this is my first "Weekend Recap" and my, my, my was it a weekend. Friday afternoon my best friend and I (see last post) packed it up for a VERY short trip, I'm talking 45 minutes away short, to "The Burg" for somewhat of birthday celebrations. Her cousin lives there so we had a place to stay, there was a HUGE "last party of the year" party going on and we know ALOT of people that attend the college up there so it was only right that we go. So we got there around 5pm, and S 's (my BFF) cousin needed something to wear and I wasn't happy with my dress that I brought, so I was going to get a top to go with the black skirt that I had.
My weekend was supposed to start off like this... Full of excitement...

We went to the mall, which is practically nonexistent and I found absolutely NOTHING -_-. All that mall had was Sears (which is closing), JCPenny, Belk, Rue 21, Bath & Body Works and a really cheapy store called It's Fashion! And guess what? It's not! I didn't find anything then S's cousin said they had a Rainbow. I usually don't like Rainbow because the one home in Charleston is small, hot, cluttered and just never appealed to me. I'm more of a Charlotte Russe girl when it come to club/party attire. The Rainbow store looked completely sketch, it was in a random strip mall next to a restaurant, and I didn't think I would find anything, surprisingly I did. A cute long sleeve coral, sheer, hi-low shirt for only $14.99!! I'm not a scandalous kind of girl, club or not, so I bought a black cami to go underneath. I REALLY liked my outfit. Sorry no pictures.

Fast forward to the actual party, and THANK GOD there is no visual evidence of these later events.

In the midst of all this...
 
I was having a really good time. Then this broke out...
 
That's right, a fight broke out.

 
I didn't even notice the fight at first... Stupid me. I was walking to the bathroom and I legit walked into the middle of the crowd surrounding the fight. I backed up with the quickness and some really handsome GENTLEMAN grabbed my arm and told me to back up and asked it I was OK. Then it got really out of control when security guards was beating this guy up, they had him in a choke hold and another was about to taze him. I felt so bad for the guy because I know him personally from HS. :(
The crowd got really wild and I was being pushed and shoved in EVERY direction possible, I lost my friend and had no idea where she was. I got knocked down (embarrassing much?) and the same handsome gentleman and another guy both helped me up, I was trying my hardest to get the hell out of there... Didn't work. I started to find it hard to breathe, and I knew it was going downhill from there. I spotted S and I was trying to hurry over to her while pushing through the crowd, being told to back up, and being pushed back all at the same time. I started to fall again and yet another handsome gentleman was there to help me up and ask if I was OK. I really didn't hear to much and I reached S just in time to grab her hand and fall over with a asthma attack. -_-  That's right, I had an asthma attack in public, at a party, with a very short skirt on. I didn't have my inhaler on me because I no longer have it seeing how I haven't had an attack in over 5 years! (even more embarrassing!)
side note: did I mention this was a Greek party?   I had to be carried out of this place by S and one of the handsome brothers in the Fraternity (APhiA) that was throwing this party took me outside. Feeling some cool air made it a little better, but not quite. I was so embarrassed because people were standing around looking at me and I hate being the center of attention, at least among strangers. Thank god for my BFF she kicked ass! The security guard came over and tried to yell at us and make us go back inside, S was like "NO! She had attack, so move back!" then she made some guy go get me a bottle of water, and another guy get me a chair. I love her! A member of the Fraternity rushed over and was like... "Do you have your inhaler?" *insert guilty nod no* "What kind do you use?" *struggles & gasps to say Albuterol* "Here use mine!" OMG! Out of nowhere this guy whips his inhaler out of his pocket and gives it to me. In that breathless moment in time, I swear that inhaler looked like GOLD!
 
I used a complete stranger's inhaler and was never more grateful.


I gave it back, sat there for another 10 minutes and got it together. You know, breathing feels amazing? It was a shameful yet appreciative walk back into the party with all the "That's the girl!" and "Are you OK?" and my personal favorite... "Damn girl!"

My mood was pretty much ruined after that. Although I was looking for the guy that let me use his inhaler to give him the worlds biggest hug and truly thank him from the bottom of my heart, but I never found him. We were only there for another 45-60 minutes or so, and I sat most of the time. Still kinda in my shitty mood because my respiratory system wanted to be a jerk! When we finally left, I still got a few awkward stares and everybody was just exhausted. We got back to the room and crashed for about 30 minutes, then we all realized, at 3am might I add, that we were starving. So, only place besides McDonald's (which I don't eat) that's still open is the great...
 
We love this place, but EVERYTIME there is a big even or party in this town its always extremely crowded at this time. We were in the drive thru seriously for 30 minutes with growling tummies. We got back to the room my food was so sloppily thrown together, they were lucky that we already left and I was starving, but in my mind they got this...
 

The next day S had to go to work at 2pm, we left a little after 11am, it takes less than an hour to get home so you'd think she would have more than enough time to get ready for work... WRONG! Traffic on I-26 was at a complete standstill and backed up for about 3 miles because an oil truck turned over. They made everybody get off on some random exit and take a detour and we had no clue where the hell we were.


Fast forward through the traffic, and S being about 45 minutes late for work. I got home and I was like this...

This weekend was just not my weekend, and I feel like I'm still recuperating from it all. Maybe the next weekend will be a good one... It should be, my cousin is graduating from college!! WITH HONORS! Yay Monica! Thanks goodness I have no photographic evidence of this weekend...

Peace & Love
-Tiffani
 

 
 
 
 

 

 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment