February 7, 2011

Pan Stewed Chicken (as promised!)

I haven't forgotten people, my memory has not failed me yet! Remember that slap-yo-MAMA stewed chicken my mama made that I was tellin yall was so good! Well I bothered her to tell me how she made it since I was nappin when she started cookin it! And you may also remember that I said in my household when it comes to actual "food" "food" we don't follow recipes. We may follow a recipe if its a dish we've never had before, but we always follow the directions when we bake cake, cookies, or cupcakes or something, because it doesn't take alot to mess those up AT ALL! My chicken, mama is a pro..so no "recipe needed" but if people want to cook this delishes meal at home, i'll give them a modified version of a recipe! lol.


1. Get any kinda of chicken you want, bone-in or bonless...it doesnt matter!

2. Season your chicken to your liking, nothing citrusy or anything like that, that sorta throws it off! lol. (let it marinate for at least a few hours)

3. Get a deep pan, maybe something you would stir-fry or fry in, but nice and deep.

4. Put water in the bottom of the pan, just enough to cover the bottom of the pan, since chicken makes its own oil/grease/juice whatever it is! l0l.

5. Add the chicken to the water and let it sorta boil/simmer for about 20-25 minutes. (do NOT turn chicken over)

6. Then add a can of Campbell's Cream of Mushroom, enough to cover the whole pan and all the chicken, you may have to use 2 cans, it depends on how much chicken you use.

7. Let chicken and Cream of Mushroom all simmer for about 10-15 minutes or until chicken is finished, once again it depends on what kind of chicken you use, we used drumsticks and thighs! I would have prefered boneless, but it was still good!

8. Serve with rice and whatever side/veggie and enjoy.

We have rice and green beans with ours...And yours truly was responsible for the green beans. L0l. I opened the can and put it in the pot and boiled it all by my lonesome! We usually have frozen veggies, healthier and tastier, but we were out...so last resort!

Don't think I can't cook now, I'm actually a really good cook, I just wanted to at least contribute, despite my sleepy!

And the sauce over the rice was...AMAZIN'!

That mama did it again!





My very hard responsibiliy that night!




In the words of backpack from Dora the Explorer...it was "Yum, yum, yum delicioso!


-Tiffani :)

No comments:

Post a Comment